Inspired by what you’ve read? Do you share our vision? Would you like to be involved in our work? View our Volunteer Vacancies.
We are committed to working with volunteers and are always happy to talk to prospective volunteers - it is great fun, give us a call.
To find out more, or if you have a skill not listed on the vacancies page, but think your work could be of value to us, please email Lorna Hawthorne
Join our team as a volunteer and find out more about what we do - it can be inspiring work and you meet some amazing people.
The Nehemiah Project Volunteer Charter
- All volunteering is undertaken by choice, and all individuals will have the right to volunteer, or not to volunteer, and to choose when to stop volunteering;
- Volunteering opportunities are open to all, and volunteers will be treated fairly;
- Volunteers will have an effective induction to the charity, its ethos and its working;
- While volunteers will not normally receive or expect financial rewards for their activities; they will receive reasonable out of pocket expenses;
- Effective structures will be put in place to support and develop volunteers and the activities they undertake;
- Volunteers and paid staff will both have the opportunity to contribute to the development of volunteering policies and procedures;
- Volunteers, like paid staff, will be able to carry out their duties in safe, secure and healthy environments that are free from harassment, intimidation, bullying, violence and discrimination;
- All volunteers will be supported by the Volunteer Co-ordinator and a supervisor in the department where they are based;
- There will be a recognised process for the resolution of any problems between The Nehemiah Project and volunteers, or between paid staff and volunteers. All volunteers will be made aware of how to raise a concern, and how it will be handled.
- The Nehemiah Project recognises the important contribution of its volunteers, and appreciates all the qualities that our volunteers bring to the charity.
If you would like to volunteer, we will invite you to an informal interview. Basic training will be given for each of these roles.
You can get in touch with us about volunteering be emailing Lorna Hawthorne if you would like to find out more about how you can help.