Two-Stage Supported Housing Programme
A specialist Supported Housing Programme to help equip vulnerable men in the latter stages of recovery from a life addiction, which often includes offending and homelessness.
'A New Future'
A twelve week abstinence-based programme in Streatham that focuses on recovery and resettlement through process groups, educational sessions and community living.
The morning begins with a two-hour group session. In the afternoon residents carry out work duties, one-to-one key-work sessions and other meaningful activities.
- Health & well-being
- Drugs & alcohol
- Education, training and employment
- Attitudes, thinking and behaviour
We have two houses in Clapham where we provide further move-on support, accommodating up to 10 men. This stage provides additional support in employment and training, finding accommodation and managing relationships.
- Male 18 and over with a history of substance misuse
- Ideally has completed a rehabilitation programme/detox, and/or
- Abstinent for 4 weeks prior to joining and 3 months' abstinence from any substitute prescriptions such as methadone
- Valid ID and NI number and eligible for Housing Benefit
- No history of arson
- No history of sexual offences
- No current diagnosis of severe mental health problems e.g. schizophrenia, bipolar, psychosis
- No recent history of violence (6 months)
Who can refer?
- Probation services
- Family and friend members
- Rehabilitation programmes
- Individuals themselves
How do I refer?
We are happy accept referrals from anywhere in the UK. Contact our supported housing team on 020 8773 7417 or email@example.com. You can complete an application form and send it by email or post to 47 Tooting Bec Gardens, London SW16 1RF
Data Protection Act 2018 - The application form and risk assessment ask for personal data and special category data, without which we cannot make a full assessment of a candidate's suitability for the programme. All data is collected and stored under strict confidentiality rules and observing the DPA2018 and GDPR. A copy of the relevant policy documents are available from Nehemiah's Data Protection Manager
What happens next?
A face to face interview will be arranged, or if not possible an interview phone call. After this, the Supported Housing Team will make a final decision.