The Thrale Almshouse and Relief in Need Charity has historic connections within the Ancient Parish of Streatham (including Tooting, Balham, Streatham, parts of Brixton Tulse Hill and West Norwood) stretching back to the 1580s.
From these roots emerged the aims of the present charitable organisation - to provide Almshouses for women over 60 and to provide Relief in Need for local people. The charity was named after the Thrale family. The original almshouses were founded in 1832 by the daughters of Henry Thrale, a wealthy local landowner and businessman and located on Streatham High Road.
The Charity supports Nehemiah with a generous grant towards our Supported Housing Programme and has supported us since 2014.